Smart Energy Plans
These plans reward you for making simple changes that reduce the load on the energy grid. Save money by using electricity strategically — either by using a smart thermostat to reduce your usage or by moving energy-consuming activities to the weekend.
Reliant Learn & Conserve plan
Get a $249 Nest Learning Thermostat™ for free when you sign up for the Learn & Conserve℠ 24 plan. The Nest Thermostat automatically learns what temperatures you need and adjusts itself when you are home and away.
How it helps
- Get the security of a fixed-price plan with a 24-month term for added peace of mind.*
- Access information and energy-saving tools to help put you in control of your electricity budget.
How it works
The thinner, sleeker 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat's simple and sleek design is engineered to make saving energy easier. Switch to this Learn & Conserve 24 plan and get a $249 Nest Learning Thermostat for free, complete with these innovative features:
- Saves you money. According to a new study, the Nest Thermostat can save up to 15% on cooling costs.*
- Learns your schedule. Turn it up or turn it down. The Nest Learning Thermostat remembers which temperatures you like and adjusts accordingly when you are home or away.
- Senses temperatures more accurately. With more temperature sensors, the Nest Thermostat detects heat, cold and when there’s a draft, adjusts itself and alerts you.
- Control energy easily. You can control it from the thermostat itself or remotely using your smartphone.
How to get it
Sign up for the Learn and Conserve℠ 24 plan and save up to 15% on your heating and cooling costs.*
Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan
Sign up today for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan, and enjoy free electricity all weekend long. Many people use more electricity on the weekends, so why not save when it really counts?
How it helps
- Get free electricity all weekend long.*
- Enjoy one fixed price during all other times.
How it works
- Receive big savings on electricity for using it when you want to — do laundry, run the dishwasher and cool your home during down time on weekends.
- Save more by using appliances during off-peak times, when you are more likely to be home anyway.
How to get it
Sign up for the Truly Free Weekends plan today.
What is the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan, and how does it work?The Truly Free Weekends plan is an innovative and easy-to-understand pricing plan available to customers with smart meters. The pricing on the plan includes free electricity all weekend, from 8 p.m. Friday to 12 a.m. Monday. You’ll be rewarded for shifting your usage to the weekend.
How is Reliant able to offer different prices based on the time of day?In the summer, when demand for electricity in Texas is high (typically during a hot afternoon), the costs of electricity go up, and when demand is low (typically in the morning or at night), the costs of electricity go down. Because the new smart meters track usage throughout the day, Reliant is able to offer new pricing plans that allow you to benefit from this technology.
How can I use the daily/weekly/monthly usage and cost information?Seeing your cost information by day, week and month provides you with better insight into how you use electricity. You can identify times of increased electricity consumption and be better prepared to reduce your usage in the future. We also provide daily temperature data aligned with consumption data so you can see the impact of the weather on your usage.
Where can I find the actual amount of my discount online?Your Cost-to-Date and Projected Bill amounts can be viewed in your online Reliant account. You can find the specific discount amount on your bill.
How can I maximize my savings?
Shift your high usage activities, like washing and drying laundry, using the dishwasher or running a pool pump, to the weekend.
Who do I call if I have questions about the plan or my bill?Our customer service representatives are here to help you 24/7. Call us at 713-207-7777 or 1-866-222-7100, or chat with us online.
What is interval data?Interval data refers to the record of your home's electricity usage that is recorded every 15 minutes using a smart meter. Instead of your local electric utility reading the meter once a month, the smart meter records your home's electricity usage throughout the day and periodically transmits this information back to your local electric utility. These 15-minute periods are referred to as intervals.
Can I use average billing on this plan?Yes. Average billing is compatible with the plan. However, please keep in mind that your Reliant Weekly Summary Email will reflect your actual usage and electricity costs for the week and your estimated electricity charges for the current billing cycle — not your average billing amount.