One app. Plenty of possibilities.
It's never been easier to manage your Reliant account — from anywhere. Our latest 2017 updates have made monitoring your usage, paying your bill and getting customer support faster and smoother. Click the badges below to download the Reliant app today,1 and read on for more about the features we've added in 2017.
Why you should get it
The Reliant app is the quickest way to pay your bill and manage your account. In March 2017, we launched a new app for iOS, which now includes Touch ID log in functionality, speedier performance, improved usage charts and easy sign up for paperless billing, average billing, AutoPay and AccountAlerts. SmartStart customers now have an enhanced dashboard and a new payment calculator. Android updates are scheduled for fall of 2017.
If you haven't already downloaded the Reliant app, now is the time to make your life a little easier.
The intuitive interface of the Reliant app makes managing your account a breeze, especially with our recent updates to the iOS app. Take advantage of all of these features:
- Pay bill: Save your credit card or bank account info to quickly pay your bill each month. You can also sign up for AutoPay so you never have to worry about missing a due date, or try average billing to smooth out seasonal highs and lows.
- Track usage: Easily review how much electricity you are using by day, week, month or year. See your projected bill2 and compare past and current usage.
- Get alerts: Stay on top of your account by signing up for Reliant AccountAlerts. Receive customized text or email alerts about your projected bill, how much electricity you've used and when your bill is due.
- Manage account: Review your plan details or update your contact information. Easily adjust settings including your text message and email notification preferences.
- Ask for help: Through the app, you can call or email us, report an outage, send feedback, find payment locations and view FAQs.
- SmartStart customers: Customers on our prepaid plans have a more user-friendly dashboard and a new payment calculator to help decide how much money you should keep in your account at a time.
- Other recent improvements: You can now enjoy Touch ID fingerprint log in, clearer usage charts, enhanced performance speeds and an improved user interface.
How to get it
Download the Reliant App on the App Store℠ or Google Play™. Just click the badges below to get started.
What if I have a question on how to use the app?If there is a problem with the app or something is not working, go to the Customer Care section and email us so we can address the issue. Please include as much detail as possible about what you were doing to help us figure out how to help.
How is Reliant able to provide a projected bill?Because we receive frequent usage information from your smart meter, we're able to estimate your monthly bill amount. Although this projection is an estimate and won't include non-recurring charges, it will still give you a better idea of where you're headed so you can avoid surprises on your bill. You'll also be able to compare this month's bill with last month's to see if your usage has changed.
Is the app's usage information delayed?Typically, yes. Your local utility company collects your smart meter data, and we do not receive this data for at least 24 hours after it's gathered.
How is Reliant able to receive my electricity usage information?Usage information will work for any customer with a smart meter. Most analog meters in Texas were replaced with smart meters a few years ago. The new technology in smart meters captures usage information in 15-minute intervals and transmits it to the utility company. Once Reliant receives the data from the utility company (often 24 hours after it is initially collected), we can format it and present it to you in your online account.
I just moved to a new service address. Can I see my historical data?When you move to a new service address, you won’t be able to see historical data for that address because it was previously associated with a different customer’s account.
I’m a SmartStart customer and pre-pay for my electricity. How do I add funds (make payments) on the Reliant App?You can add funds to your account straight from the main dashboard or from the Make a Payment page. You can also use our SmartStart payment calculator to estimate how much usage different payment amounts will cover.