Manage your Reliant account with your voice
Thanks to Reliant and Google Nest, managing your energy with just your voice has never been easier.1
- Check your electricity usage
- Review your Reliant plan details
- Pay your bill and more
Connect to your Reliant account
Google Nest Hub, Google Home and Google Home Mini all have the Google Assistant built-in. Ask it questions, tell it to do things and get all kinds of hands-free help.
Setup is quick and easy
Plug in your device
Tell your device, “Hey Google, talk to Reliant”
Go to Discover in the Google Home app.
Select “Link” to log in to your Reliant account
You can also watch how to connect your Google Nest Hub, Google Home or Google Home Mini to Reliant.
Need help connecting to your Reliant account?
Give our customer care experts a call at 1-866-222-7100.
What can I ask Reliant?
Once setup is complete, you can use voice commands, known as Reliant actions, to manage your account, pay your bill and more.2 Say, “Hey Google, talk to Reliant” to get started, followed by any of these questions or commands.
- “How much is my bill?”
- “When is my bill due?”
- “Do I need to make a payment?”
- “What electricity plan am I on?”
- “When does my plan expire?”
- “What is my weekly electricity usage?”
- “Daily usage”
- “How does my usage compare to my neighbors'?”
- “Pay my bill”
- “Make a payment”
- “What was my last payment?”
- “When do my Free Weekends start?”
- “Can I have Free Weekends?”
- “How much of my electricity is free?”
Help and contact information
- “Can you help me?”
- “Call Reliant”
Save on Google Nest smart home essentials
Raise your home’s IQ even more. As a Reliant customer, you can enjoy exclusive savings on Google Nest thermostats, Google Nest Cam Indoor and Google Nest Hello Video Doorbell and more.
Already have these Google Nest products? Watch how easily you can control the Google Nest thermostats, Nest Cam Indoor and Nest Hello Video Doorbell from the Nest Hub.
1Requires a Wi-Fi network, a nearby electrical outlet, and a compatible (Android, iOS) mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/home/req. Voice commands require a compatible device and working internet and Wi-Fi. Google Nest Hub and Reliant Commands are only available in English at this time.
2Projected bill not available for Pay as you Go or SmartStart customers. Must be a Reliant residential customer with a Texas service address and a smart meter.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Google Nest Thermostat is compatible with most HVAC systems. Check the compatibility of your system at nest.com/works/reliant. Limited warranty provided by Google, and except for that limited warranty, Reliant and Google make no warranties. Reliant is not affiliated with Google or the products and services it markets.
What are Google Nest devices?Google Nest devices are voice-activated speakers with the Google Assistant built-in. Use Google Home, Google Home Mini or Google Nest Hub to manage your Reliant electricity account, control your Nest Thermostat, tell you the current weather forecast, get hands-free help around the house and so much more.
What is the Google Assistant?Meet your Google Assistant. Ask it questions. Tell it to do things. It’s your own personal Google, always ready to help. For example, the Google Assistant can tell you about your Reliant electricity usage or the current weather forecast. You can also control select connected home products and much more, all right from your phone or a Google Assistant-enabled device. Find out more at http://assistant.google.com.
What is a Google Action?
Use your Google Assistant to talk to Reliant on your Google Home device, just using your voice.
How do I use Reliant's Action on Google?
To connect to Reliant with the Google Assistant, simply say, "Hey Google, talk to Reliant" to talk to the Google Assistant on your Google Nest device. Once connected, you can ask questions about your Reliant account. You can also say “Hey Google, ask Reliant” or "Hey Google, open Reliant."
What can I do with Reliant's Action on Google?
You can ask about the following topics using the phrases below.
To hear about your account balance and bill details, ask:
- "What is my account balance?"
- "What's my bill?"
- "When is my bill due?"
- "When was my last payment?"
- "How much did I pay last time?"
To hear about your usage, ask:
- "How much electricity am I using?"
- "What is my energy usage?"
For information about your current plan, ask:
- "What plan am I on?"
- "When is my contract up?"
- "When does my plan expire?"
If you're on the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan, ask:
- "When does my free weekend start?"
If you ask this question and are enrolled in the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan, the Google Assistant will respond with “Your free weekend starts at 8 p.m. Friday.” If you ask this question and are not enrolled in the Truly Free Weekends plan, the Google Assistant will respond with “Your current plan does not include free weekends. Contact Reliant for options and to see if you are eligible for the Truly Free Weekends plan.” Learn more.
- You can also ask: "How much of my electricity is free?"
To get the Reliant customer service phone number, say:
- "Call Reliant."
- "What is your phone number?"
To be reminded about what you can ask through the Reliant Action, say:
- "Help me."
To close your Reliant action session, say:
- "Bye, Reliant."
When will my Google Nest product arrive?
If you are enrolled on a Reliant electricity plan that comes with a no-cost Google Nest device, your Google Nest device will ship to your service address within one week after your next full payment has been credited to your account, provided you remain enrolled on the plan. You should receive a shipping notification email from Google Nest 6 weeks after your start date with Reliant. If you experience shipping issues, please contact Reliant.
Can I keep the Google Nest device after my electricity plan expires?
Yes, this is a gift to you from Reliant.
What if I can't link to my Reliant account?
There are a few requirements to access your Reliant account using the Google Assistant. You must have:
- Working Wi-Fi in your home
- The Google Home app downloaded on your mobile device and linked in order to set up the Reliant action
- An active online Reliant account: you must use your Reliant online Username (if different from your email address) when entering account credentials during the Google Assistant linking process. Unlike the Reliant app or online account, this setup process will only accept the Reliant Username.
- A residential contract account designation on your Reliant online profile
- Fewer than 5 contract accounts on your Reliant online profile
- No pre-pay (Pay as you Go/SmartStart) contract account on your Reliant online profile
I'm an Apple user and received a "Return to app" error on my mobile device when attempting to link my Reliant account. How do I fix this?
- You’ll need to download the Google Assistant app (note, this is different from the Google Home app); follow the setup instructions and allow push notifications.
- Then tell your new Google Nest Hub, “Hey Google, talk to Reliant.”
- Tap the push notification that says, “Link to Reliant.”
- Log in with your Reliant account Username and Password.