The Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan pays you back for excess electricity generated from your Solar Power System in Texas. It also rewards you with lower-priced electricity during Off-Peak periods for 12 months.*
Call 1-866-735-1214 to enroll.
- Receive a lower electricity price when your Solar Power System is producing little or no electricity.
- Get a bill credit for the excess electricity you generate.
- Use Reliant Smart Energy Solutions to help put you in control of your electricity usage.
How It Works
The Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan is available in Texas.
- You can take advantage of the Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan for your home with a provisioned smart meter and a Solar Power System.
- With the Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan, there’s only a single-peak pricing period from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day of the year. The peak period coincides with the peak generation times for the Solar Power System.
- Between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., when your Solar Power System is producing little or no electricity, you will receive a low, Off-Peak price.
- The sell-back price will be equal to the peak-energy charge for the first 500 kWh put back onto the grid each month. Reliant will credit you 5 cents/kWh for any surplus electricity placed back onto the grid.
- The price includes all TDSP charges.
The Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan requires a smart meter.
The Reliant e-Sense Sell-Back 12SM plan is made possible by smart meters, which record your electricity use for each 15-minute period of the day and send this information to your local electric utility company. Because these meters provide greater detail about usage, we can pay you back for any surplus electricity you return to the grid and reward you for shifting usage to Off-Peak times.