Managing Your Account with Amazon Alexa
Amazon Alexa is designed to make your life easier by letting you voice-control your world. And now you can manage your Reliant electricity account without even lifting a finger. You can enable the Reliant Energy skill in the Alexa app to help manage your Reliant account.
Which Reliant account activities can I do through Alexa?
- Check your account balance - "Alexa, ask Reliant what my account balance is."
- Review your payment history - "Alexa, ask Reliant what my payment history is."
- Get your plan details - "Alexa, ask Reliant when my plan expire"
Set up the Reliant Energy skill
You must have an Amazon Alexa-enabled device to use the Reliant skill.
- Open the Alexa app on your device and search for “Reliant Energy” in the skills section.
- Choose the Reliant Energy skill and tap "enable."
- You will be asked to log in using your Reliant username and password (your username may be your email address). Once you have logged in successfully, you will be able to use the Reliant Energy skill. Start a session by saying “Alexa, open Reliant Energy."
Amazon + Nest
Control your Nest Thermostat with Alexa. You can also allow Amazon Alexa to discover and control the temperature on your Nest Thermostat with just your voice. Learn More
How do I use the Reliant Energy skill?
To start a session, say:
- Alexa, ask Reliant Energy.
- Alexa, open Reliant Energy.
After that, you can ask Alexa questions about your Reliant bill or your plan.
What can I ask Alexa?
You can ask Alexa about the following topics using the phrases below.
To hear about your account balance and bill details, ask:
- What is my current balance?
- What's my bill?
- When is my bill due?
- When was my last payment?
- How much did I pay last time?
To make a payment, say:
- Pay my bill.
- Pay using bank.
- Pay using credit card.
To hear about your usage, ask:
- How much electricity am I using?
For information about your current plan, ask:
- What plan am I on?
- When is my contract up?
- When does my plan expire?
To get the Reliant customer service phone number, say:
- Call Reliant Energy.
- What is your phone number?
To be reminded about what you can ask Alexa, say:
- Help me.
To close your Reliant Energy skill session, say:
Why can't I pay my bill through Alexa?
To pay your bill with Alexa, you must have a credit card or bank account saved as a payment method in your online reliant.com account. To save a payment method, go to your Payment Information page on reliant.com.
If your credit card is expired or your bank account information is incorrect, you will not be able to pay. Customers on the Pay as you Go (a pre-pay plan) cannot pay through Alexa. Past-due balances and credits may also affect your ability to pay using Alexa. Connectivity issues or system outages can also prevent payments from processing.
If you have validated your bank or credit card information and see no irregularities with your account balance, but you still cannot pay with Alexa, call 1-866-735-4268 to investigate the issue.
Why can't I do other account activities through Alexa?
You can do several things in your online reliant.com account that you can't do in Alexa. We're working on improving the Reliant Energy skill, but for now, if you need to do any of the following items, log into your online account.
You cannot use Alexa to:
- Change your plan.
- Move your service to a new address.
- Change your account information (phone number, email, etc.).
- Find the average price you pay for electricity.
- Sign up for programs like Degrees of Difference or Reliant EcoShare.
- Report an outage.