Earn Bill Credits
Degrees of Difference
Get bill credits for making small changes, such as adjusting your thermostat as little as 4 degrees during designated periods.
Little things do add up. Degrees of Difference gives you bill credits for making small degrees of change. Change can happen by adjusting your thermostat as little as 4 degrees during designated periods. Like some of the best memories, saving energy is all about the little things.
How It Helps
- Receive a Degrees of Difference bill credit of $0.60 per kWh for using less electricity than normal during specified reduction periods*
- Get the satisfaction of knowing you’ve done your part to help the community by reducing demand on the electric grid
- Contribute to a better environment through collective usage reduction:
If 325,000 Reliant residential customers participated in a voluntary, high demand event representing a 33% reduction in electricity usage, it would be the equivalent of adding enough capacity back to the grid to power 100,000 homes for the duration of the event.
How It Works
Degrees of Difference alerts you to upcoming periods of anticipated high electricity demand so you can reduce your usage. During these high demand hours, simply adjust your thermostat and hold off on high-usage activities like running the dishwasher, washer and dryer, oven, or pool pump. And for making these small changes, you can earn Degrees of Difference bill credits.
How To Get It
Sign up for the Degrees of Difference program today.
Degrees of Difference with Nest
If you have a Nest Learning ThermostatTM, you can earn bill credits simply by letting your thermostat adjust itself during periods of high electricity demand.
With Reliant Degrees of Difference with Nest, you earn a $5.00 bill credit each month you participate from May through October, simply by reducing your electricity usage during periods of high electricity demand.* It's good for your wallet, the local community and the environment.
How It Helps
- Receive a Degrees of Difference bill credit of $5.00 each month you're on the program from May through October — a total of $30 in bill credits.
- Enjoy Rush Hour Rewards, which automatically tweaks temperatures around each energy rush hour to help you earn more.
- Experience the satisfaction of knowing you've done your part to help the community by reducing demand on the electric grid.
- Contribute to a better environment through collective usage reduction.
How It Works
Degrees of Difference with Nest gives you bill credits for reducing your electricity usage during energy rush hours. During an energy rush hour, your Nest Learning ThermostatTM will automatically adjust your temperature no more than three degrees to save you energy while keeping you comfortable. Energy rush hours won't last more than 30 minutes, and you can change the temperature at any time. For making these small changes, you earn a $5.00 Degrees of Difference bill credit each month from May through October.
How to Get It
- Sign up for the Degrees of Difference with Nest program.
- Connect your Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi.
- Sign up for Nest Rush Hour Rewards at nest.com/energy-partners/reliant.
* Must be signed up for the Degrees of Difference with Nest program, have the Nest Thermostat connected to Wi-Fi and be signed up for Nest Rush Hour Rewards. Program is not available to customers enrolled in the Reliant SmartStart Plan®. Participants with a usage reduction will receive a bill credit within two billing cycles following a specified reduction period. Nest® and Nest Learning ThermostatTM are trademarks or service marks of Nest Labs, Inc.