How to Sign Up with Reliant
It takes only a few steps to sign up for electricity with Reliant. Take some time to check out our plans, and then have your service address and personal ID on hand to complete our online sign up form. The process to make sure your electricity starts when you need it to is easy.
Learn about our plans
Whether you want a month-to-month plan with no long-term contract or a plan that locks in a low price for a year or more, we have options for you. Some plans feature free weekends or special rewards. Find the right one for you.
Find your plan and sign up
1. Find plans in your area
2. Select your monthly usage
Plan prices are based on average monthly usage. The price of many plans varies depending on how much electricity you use each month. To find the most accurate price you'll be paying, check a few recent electric bills to see how many kWh you use on average each month.
On the page where the available plans are listed, look at the monthly usage selector in the upper right corner of the screen (pictured below). Select the amount that most closely matches what you normally use. Remember that your usage during mild temperature seasons like spring or fall will probably be lower than in summer or winter.
3. Compare plan details
After you enter your zip code, you will see our featured plans for your area. You can compare prices right there, but the best way to compare plans in detail is to select the "Add to compare" checkbox to the right of the plan. Once you've selected the plans you want to compare, click the "Compare" button to the bottom left of the page.
If you know you want month-to-month plans, longer term contracts, renewable plans or plans that include a bonus offer, you can choose to see only that type of plan by choosing the relevant type of plan from the in the upper left corner of the page.
Some of the plan features you can compare are:
- Monthly estimate — We calculate what you may pay each month based on usage, the price of the plan and TDSP (transmission and distribution service provider) charges. Taxes and fees are not included in the estimate.
- Average price — The current average price of the plan. Prices on plans with a "fixed" rate type can only change to reflect regulatory changes, but the price of plans with a "variable" rate type may vary month to month.
- Term — How long your contract with Reliant will last. You will lock in a price for the length of the term and may be subject to a cancellation fee if you end service with Reliant before your term ends.
- Rate type — A plan may have a "fixed" rate or a "variable" rate. Fixed rates stay the same for the length of your term, and variable rates can change month-to-month. For more on rate types, read our Choosing an Electricity Plan page.
- Bonus — This explains any special offers included with your plan, such as gift cards, free months of electricity, bill credits, charitable donations, airline miles or sports memorabilia.
- Early cancellation fee — The amount you will need to pay if you end your Reliant service before your contract term ends.
5. Finish up the process
Most people complete the enrollment process successfully and are able to immediately create an online profile to start managing their account. However, if we have trouble verifying your identity, you may need to supply additional documentation. Depending on your credit score, you may be required to pay a deposit before service can start.
To make sure your service is started on time, send the documentation and/or your deposit as soon as possible. If we need additional information, we will notify you by email.
For detailed instructions to help you send in any additional information, read more about our service start requirements.
Which plans are available to me?We invite you to shop for a plan online or give us a call at 713-207-7777 or 866-222-7100.
When I sign up, how long will it take for my Reliant service to begin?If you're starting service at a new location, your service can begin a minimum of two business days after you sign up. If you're switching from another provider, your service with Reliant will begin within two weeks after you sign up. Please keep in mind that you may need to satisfy certain requirements, such as paying a deposit or providing valid ID, and delays in satisfying these requirements can delay your start date.
When I sign up for service, can I list more than one person on the account?The system allows only one name to be used as the account owner; however, multiple users can log on using the same username and password.
Will the service start date I request be guaranteed?Because several factors can affect our ability to start your service — for example, your meter may be physically inaccessible or a permit may be required — we cannot guarantee the transfer date you select. You can check the status of your transfer by logging in to your account at reliant.com.
Can I cancel my enrollment at any time?Yes, you may cancel your enrollment at any time by notifying the Allied Good Deals Network.
Is there a cancellation fee if I cancel my enrollment?There will be an early cancellation fee if you cancel before the expiration date of your term. If you are moving to a new address, you will not have to pay a cancellation fee and you may be able to transfer this price to your new address.
Will I have to pay a deposit to begin service?A deposit may be required depending on your payment history and your credit score. If so, you'll need to satisfy the deposit requirement before your service can begin. Your deposit amount will be calculated at the time of your enrollment request.
A deposit is required before my Reliant service can begin. How can I satisfy this requirement?
You have several options for paying or satisfying your deposit:
- Pay online with a bank account; if you are already enrolled, you can set up your online account to pay now.
- Call 713-207-5555 or 1-866-660-4900.
- Visit one of our nearby walk-up payment locations.
- Mail your payment to Reliant, P.O. Box 650475, Dallas, TX 75265-0475.
- Send a satisfactory credit reference letter from your prior electricity provider via fax (713-488-4422 or 1-800-563-0120) or mail (Reliant, P.O. Box 3765, Houston, TX 77253-3765).
- Send an irrevocable letter of credit, provided by your bank, via fax (713-488-4422 or 1-800-563-0120) or mail (Reliant, P.O. Box 3765, Houston, TX 77253-3765).
For more information, please contact a customer service representative at 1-866-660-4900.
What is an acceptable form of identification, and where do I send it?Acceptable forms of identification to set up a Reliant account include:
Please fax a copy of one of the above to 800-711-5114, and include the following information on the fax cover sheet (allow one business day for processing):
- Valid state driver’s license or identification card*
- Social security card*
- Military ID
- Government employee ID
- Department of Corrections ID
- Alien Registration card
- Consulate ID / Matricula Consular (for any country)
Please note that failure to provide valid identification may result in a delay of your requested date for electric service. For more on service start requirements, visit this page.*These are the only forms of ID that are acceptable for online enrollment.
- Your Reliant account number
- Name on the account
- Address that will be receiving electricity
- Your contact phone number
I am a Reliant customer. How do I sign up for one of your new electricity plans?Log in to your account, go to My Profile or the Plan section in the top menu, and then choose "Change or Renew Plan" under Plan in the left menu. If you're eligible to change plans, you'll find the details on this page.