Putting health and safety first.
When our HVAC techs visit your home, they sanitize their hands, wear gloves, masks and shoe covers, and observe social distancing.
Indoor air quality services for your Houston home
Here in Texas, staying inside is a great way to beat the heat
But did you know, between homes, schools, and offices we spend an average of 90 percent of our time indoors?1 Although you may not give it much thought, the indoor air quality in your home plays a key factor in your comfort and your health.
Anything and everything we bring into our home or do in our home has an impact on indoor air quality. When we change anything in our environment, the quality of the indoor air changes. Here are a few examples:
- Owning pets
- Adding a fresh coat of paint on the walls
- Cooking smelly foods like fish, popcorn, or bacon
- Installing new wood flooring
- Operating your gas stove
- Taking a shower
- Burning incense or candles
Most commonly, we can sense immediate changes to the air in our home by the smell. But when an odor disappears, it doesn’t mean that the air is clean.
Home Air Quality Solutions for Houston
From cooking-related particles to pet dander, to the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) found in furniture and carpets, there are dozens of airborne particles in your home. The particles generated by these activities continue to circulate in your home until they are filtered out for good. So, what’s the best way to get cleaner air?
Fortunately, there are several different ways to make sure that the indoor air quality in your home is safe and healthy.
1. Balance Humidity If you’re looking to improve your indoor air quality and prioritize comfort, balancing humidity is essential. Humidity refers to the amount of water vapor in the air. Ideally, homeowners should shoot for an indoor humidity rating of somewhere between 40 to 50 percent. During summertime in Texas, you can expect a slightly higher humidity, while winter humidity levels will be on the lower end of the spectrum. Depending on your home’s needs, Reliant can help you identify, purchase, and install a humidifier or dehumidifier for your house.
2. Improve Filtration In recent years, there have been considerable advancements in filtration technology. While a simple air filter is an excellent first line of defense, there are several new options to homeowners that want to take it up a notch. For instance:
- UV lights to reduce viruses and bacteria in your HVAC coils
- Air cleaners that capture up to 99.98% of allergens and bacteria
- In-duct air purifiers that provide whole-home purification
Every home is different and has different needs depending on the system type, layout, size, and more. Our experienced air quality specialists will work with you to assess your needs and provide the best recommendation for your home.
3. Clean Air Ducts Like the walls in your home, ductwork is a piece of the home that stays put while other components come and go. That means that several years - perhaps many decades - of air has traveled and recirculated through your ductwork. So, if you feel you’re having indoor air quality problems, an air duct cleaning service is a great way to get a fresh start.
Get an Indoor Air Quality Assessment Today
Ready to get started? The first step in the process is to assess your needs.
We offer indoor air quality assessments to homeowners at the low price of $49. With this assessment, our IAQ Specialists will visit your home to perform a visual inspection of your HVAC system and evaluate the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Then, our trained Indoor Air Quality Specialists will provide a custom solution to improve ventilation, eliminate odors, and reduce allergens. You’ll soon be on your way to a fresher, healthier home.
Need help with IAQ? We’ve got you covered.
At Reliant, we believe that every person deserves to have clean and healthy air to breathe. That’s why we offer many different indoor air quality solutions. We are confident we can help any homeowner improve the quality of the air they breathe inside their homes. Contact us today to get started!
HVAC services provided by Reliant Energy Retail Services LLC dba Reliant, a wholly owned subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc. TACLB23923E. Regulated by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation, P.O. Box 12157, Austin, TX 78711, 1-800-803-9202, 512-463-6599, Reliant is a service mark of Reliant Energy Retail Holdings, LLC ©2020 NRG Energy, Inc. All rights reserved.