Reliant Learn & Conserve Plan
Get a $249 Nest Learning ThermostatTM for free with this plan and save up to 15% on your heating and cooling costs.*
Get a $249 Nest Learning ThermostatTM for free when you sign up for the Learn & ConserveSM 24 plan. The Nest Thermostat automatically learns what temperatures you need and adjusts itself when you are home and away.
How it helps
- Get the security of a fixed-price plan with a 24-month term for added peace of mind.*
- Access information and energy-saving tools to help put you in control of your electricity budget.
How it works
The thinner, sleeker 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat's simple and sleek design is engineered to make saving energy easier. Switch to this Learn & Conserve 24 plan and get a $249 Nest Learning Thermostat for free, complete with these innovative features:
- Saves you money. According to a new study, the Nest Thermostat can save up to 15% on cooling costs.*
- Learns your schedule. Turn it up or turn it down. The Nest Learning Thermostat remembers which temperatures you like and adjusts accordingly when you are home or away.
- Senses temperatures more accurately. With more temperature sensors, the Nest Thermostat detects heat, cold and when there’s a draft, adjusts itself and alerts you.
- Control energy easily. You can control it from the thermostat itself or remotely using your smartphone.
How to get it
Sign up for the Learn and ConserveSM 24 plan and save up to 15% on your heating and cooling costs.*
Reliant Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends
Get a discounted price on electricity used after 8:00 p.m. and all weekend long.
Sign up today for the Reliant Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends® plan, and save on electricity used at night and all weekend long. Many people use more electricity at night and on the weekends, so why not save more when it really counts?
How it helps
- Get a discounted price on electricity used every night after 8:00 p.m., and all weekend long.*
- Enjoy one fixed price during all other times.
How it works
- Receive big savings on electricity for using it when you want to — do laundry, run the dishwasher and cool your home after you've returned home from work and during down time on weekends.
- Save more by using appliances during off-peak times, when you are more likely to be home anyway.
How to get it
Sign up for the Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends plan today.
Reliant Solar Sell Back plan
Complement your solar lease by choosing to receive credit for any excess electricity you generate.
Now is a great time to go solar! The Reliant Solar Sell Back plan is a smart way to complement your solar lease by choosing to receive credit for any excess electricity you generate and return to the grid. Read on to see how you can benefit while also giving back to the grid.
Call 1-866-735-1214 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to enroll.
- An affordable month-to-month, indexed plan1
- No long-term contract requirements
- Gives you an opportunity to earn a monthly credit for any surplus electricity you generate and return to the electric grid2
How it works
- Make a commitment to go solar and install solar PV systems on your home.
- Once interconnected, sign up for the Reliant Solar Sell Back plan and complete your Grid Contribution Agreement.
- Begin receiving credit for any excess electricity you generate and put back on the grid. Credits will be automatically applied to your monthly Reliant bill.2
2 A dual-register meter beyond the Smart Meter may be required to measure generation and consumption. The customer’s home generation system must be connected to the grid by their TDSP to receive monthly payments for their surplus generation as reported by their TDSP. The customer must be located in a competitive ERCOT market.
What is Reliant Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends, and how does it work?The Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends plan is an innovative and easy-to-understand pricing plan available to customers with smart meters. The pricing on the plan includes a discount on electricity consumed between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. You’ll be rewarded for making small changes to your electricity usage habits.
How is Reliant able to offer different prices based on the time of day?In the summer, when demand for electricity in Texas is high (typically during a hot afternoon), the costs of electricity go up, and when demand is low (typically in the morning or at night), the costs of electricity go down. Because the new smart meters track usage throughout the day, Reliant is able to offer new pricing plans that allow you to benefit from this technology.
How can I use the daily/weekly/monthly usage and cost information?Seeing your cost information by day, week and month provides you with better insight into how you use electricity. You can identify times of increased electricity consumption and be better prepared to reduce your usage in the future. We also provide daily temperature data aligned with consumption data so you can see the impact of the weather on your usage.
Where can I find the actual amount of my discount online?Your Cost-to-Date and Projected Bill amounts can be viewed in your online Reliant account. You can find the specific discount amount on your bill.
How can I maximize my savings?
Shift your usage to later in the day or earlier in the morning to take full advantage of this plan. Your price includes a discount that is applied to all electricity you use between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., so making little changes like these will help you save money:
- Use your electric washing machine and dryer, dishwasher and other appliances before 8 a.m. and after 8 p.m. on weekdays or any time during the weekend.
- Consider using a more efficient temperature setting for your air conditioner or heater during the 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. time period.
- Pool owners should set their pool pumps to run during the discount period, when electricity is less expensive.
Do I get a discount when I use electricity during the weekend?Yes. The Reliant Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends plan includes a discount on your price per kWh for electricity use from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.
Who do I call if I have questions about Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends or my bill?Our customer service representatives are here to help you 24/7. Call us at 713-207-7777 or 1-866-222-7100, or chat with us online.
What is interval data?Interval data refers to the record of your home's electricity usage that is recorded every 15 minutes using a smart meter. Instead of your local electric utility reading the meter once a month, the smart meter records your home's electricity usage throughout the day and periodically transmits this information back to your local electric utility. These 15-minute periods are referred to as intervals.
Can I use average billing on this plan?Yes. Average billing is compatible with Keep Your Cash Nights & Weekends. However, please keep in mind that your Reliant Weekly Summary Email will reflect your actual usage and electricity costs for the week and your estimated electricity charges for the current billing cycle — not your average billing amount.
Who is eligible for the Reliant Sell Back plans?This plan is available to single-family homeowners that currently have a solar installation at their residence and whose electricity meter has been configured by the TDSP (Transmission and Distribution Service Provider) to record generation.
How is my energy charge calculated?The Solar Sell Back plan is a month-to-month, indexed plan with pricing based on the natural gas market. The price changes on the 15th of each month and is determined based on the monthly closing NYMEX natural gas prices.
Can I receive credit for surplus kWh if I have a wind or other non-solar distributed generation system at my home?Please contact us at 1-866-735-1214 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for information on programs for other forms of distributed generation.
What do I need to receive sell back credit?In most cases, customers with a solar installation will need to have a properly configured electricity meter installed by the TDSP before the electricity generated back to the grid can be counted for credit. Contact your TDSP for more information. If surplus electricity is generated and returned to the grid, sell-back credits will be automatically applied to your monthly Reliant bill once your Grid Contribution Agreement has been completed and returned to Reliant. Contact us at 1-866-735-1214 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with any questions pertaining to your Grid Contribution Agreement.
How is my sell-back credit calculated?Sell-back credits are indexed monthly with pricing based on the natural gas market. The price changes on the 15th of each month and is determined based on the monthly closing NYMEX natural gas prices.
When and where will the credit show up on my electricity bill?
Once the new meter is installed, you are enrolled in a Reliant Solar Sell Back plan and you have completed your Grid Contribution Agreement, you will see a grid credit detailing your electricity generated and sent to the grid on your invoice after one or two billing cycles.
I have a device that measures how many kWh my renewable energy system generates. On my invoice, why would I see a credit for less kWh than I generated?Some of the kWh you generated were used by your home. Only the kWh that you didn’t consume are returned to the grid and credited. Reliant relies on information received from your TDSP to determine the kWh returned to the grid each month.
What does it mean if I don’t see a sell back credit on my bill?
If you've completed and returned your Grid Contribution Agreement, you'll be eligible to receive sell-back credit for excess electricity generated and returned to the grid. If you did not generate any excess electricity that was returned to the grid, you won't see a credit for that month on your Reliant bill.
How do I sign up for a Reliant Solar Sell Back plan?Call 1-866-735-1214 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to enroll.