At Reliant, the well-being of our customers and our communities is at the heart of everything we do. It’s why, when faced with the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we’re working like never before to keep Texans powered, energized and connected to one another.
Looking for an electricity plan?
We can help with the best fit for your budget and your changing energy needs. Let's get started ›
Working in new ways to keep you powered
At Reliant, we embrace the responsibility that comes with providing a critical service – and we prepare accordingly. Our robust and comprehensive business continuity plan ensures that during extreme circumstances, like those caused by the novel Coronavirus pandemic, we can continue to seamlessly deliver the electricity every Texan needs.
Like many of you, Reliant team members are social distancing, taking isolation precautions and working from home. We’re equipped with remote connectivity and the tools necessary to do our jobs safely and effectively. All so you can stay powered.
Remember, when it comes to connecting with us, Reliant gives you plenty of ways to manage your electricity from home. Visit Reliant.com to check on your account, pay your bill or chat with a service expert. Reach us via the Reliant app. Or speak with a live agent anytime, at 1-866-222-7100.
Energizing our community
At Reliant, we’re proud to let you know that our parent company, NRG Energy, has pledged $2 million in charitable contributions for COVID-19 relief efforts. These contributions will include:
- Cash funding and in-kind contributions to first responders for safety supplies, including personal protective equipment (PPE), protective apparel and air-purifying respirators
- Donations to community and small business relief funds in locations where we operate
- Financial contributions to teachers through DonorsChoose.org
Giving back to the places we call home
To support first responders and the most vulnerable in Texas, Reliant is committing over $450,000 to local community relief funds and initiatives to protect frontline workers and those adversely impacted by COVID-19. The donations are part of our community program, Reliant Gives, to provide support across the state of Texas and our parent company, NRG Energy, Inc.’s $2 million donation to pandemic relief efforts.
The donations will support the following initiatives:
- The City of Houston’s new Houston Frontline Fund, which will directly benefit the city’s first responders and essential personnel, helping provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the Police and Fire Department, Health Department, Houston Parks and Recreation Department and other essential function personnel covering the COVID-19 testing sites.
- The Greater Houston COVID-19 Recovery Fund, a collaborative effort between the United Way of Greater Houston and Greater Houston Community Foundation to help the region’s most vulnerable neighbors meet their basic needs during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The MedStar Mobile Healthcare Foundation to equip North Texas area first responders with personal protective equipment that will keep first responders safe as they deliver life-saving care. The donation will also allow the MedStar Foundation to establish a grant program to help EMS workers offset additional costs they may be incurring for things like childcare or alternative living arrangements.
- Fort Bend Forward, a nonprofit managed by the Fort Bend Chamber to support production of much needed personal protective equipment for first responders in Fort Bend County in collaboration with H-Force. H-Force members are utilizing their resources, technologies and expertise to support different projects, including the use of 3-D printers to make components for face shields for medical professionals and hand-sewn face masks for first responders and other essential personnel in need of protection.
- The Texas COVID Relief Fund administered by OneStar Foundation will provide critical funding and resources to nonprofit and government organizations across the state that are serving local communities.
At Reliant, our commitment to community is as strong as our Texas roots. And while social distancing has impacted some of the ways we are engaging these days, our community program, Reliant Gives, is still energizing the organizations, causes and people who are making a difference.
Here are some of the Texas-based organizations we are helping in this time of need.
With more schools relying on distance learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students without a computer at home are severely disadvantaged. Comp-U-Dopt has established a computer drive-thru, which observes Coronavirus isolation precautions, but allows families to have a computer placed in their cars to take home. Reliant has been a partner in this effort since 2015.
Friends For Life
Founded in 2002, Friends For Life introduced the no-kill shelter model to Houston – saving animals regardless of their breed, age or condition. We are proud to sponsor the Friends For Life mobile adoption vehicle, which is used in tandem with two of the organization’s innovative drive-thru initiatives: a free drive-thru pet clinic and drive-thru food bank.
Ready for the long haul
With Reliant as your power provider, you’ll know that every time you flip a switch, we’ve got your back. While other companies may come and go, Reliant has long-standing, rock-solid footing and deep roots in communities all across Texas.
We’ll continue delivering the electricity, home security and HVAC services that our customers count on. That’s Reliant’s promise to our neighbors across Texas. Because, even though we’re a bit farther apart these days, we’re all in this together.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Assistant and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. A limited warranty is only provided by Google, and except for that limited warranty, Reliant and Google make no warranties. Reliant is not affiliated with Google or the products and services it markets.
Battery-powered, portable solar products offered by Goal Zero, LLC. Goal Zero is a registered trademark of Goal Zero LLC. Reliant makes no representations or warranties of any kind, with respect to Goal Zero products or services. Both companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of NRG Energy, Inc.